Cappella del Cimitero – Nocelle, Positano

Antique church, became chappel of the cemetery, after the erection of the new ‘Chiesa della Santa Croce’ in 1834

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

view from ‘sentiero degli Dei’ (‘path of gods’), looking westwards

.

.

.

.

arriving at Nocelle from Arienzo – southern retaining wall of the cemetery

.

.

.

.

west – elevation of the chapel, left – gate to the cemetery, right

.

west – elevation

.

south-west corner of the building

.

.

.

.

view from the entrance – main space and apsis

.

view from the apsis

.

.

ceiling – take note that three little windows only allow for plenty of daylight

.

.

.

.

.

south-west – from the entrance of the cemetery

.

.

.

.

south-elevation

.

south-elevation – view from south-east-

.

.

.

.

the plaza of Nocelle with the ‘Chiesa della Santa Croce’ that replaced, after 1834, the antique church

.

.

.

.

walking back to Positano via Montepertuso – sky, sea, rocks and trees

.

.

.

.

Positano

.

.

.

.

.


About this entry